Friday, January 30, 2009

Wine at the Super Bowl. yessssss.

OK, I'll admit it. This may come as a shocker, but I am not a football fan.

Go ahead, call me un-American.

The sport is like war. Men dress up in several inches of thick padding so they don't KILL each other on the field when they tackle their opponents. I sit through the university games because I know a few of the players, and the school spirit makes it tolerable. But watching football on TV is like torture. I won't even sit through a game for the Super Bowl commercials.

Now, Super Bowl Sangria. That is something I am willing to sit through a game for.

I don't know what exactly makes this Sangria more Super Bowl friendly than others, but I'll take it. On ice, please.

RECIPE:

3 cups dry red wine
2 cups 7-Up
2 cups orange juice
2 sliced limes
2 sliced lemons
2 sliced oranges
1 sliced apple (sweet variety)
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Cointreau
2 tbls grenadine
2 tbls lemon juice
2 tbls lime juice

No comments:

Post a Comment