Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My trip to the supastore

I found wine Disneyland.

Have you ever seen such a place? It was overwhelming.
I've heard these types of places exist, I guess my eyes had been closed to it before. I stumbled upon it like Brigadoon. Fate.

Driving home from the FIU North Campus, ironically returning from a South Beach Wine & Food Festival Volunteer Orientation, I casually glanced out the window. "TOTAL WINE," shouts the big red sign, making my head snap to the right. Immediately I make one big U-Turn and head back to scope it out.

This place was literally a warehouse, packed wall to wall, nothing but wine (and a little corner of liquor). I spent one hour cruising every aisle, picking up whichever bottle most interested me at that moment (not quite the place for attention deficit wine-lovers). Some bottles even came personalized with a colorful "Employee Pick" sticker.

So, it kind of felt like a Wal-Mart, everything so cheap, easy and accessible. But for my first trip, I think I made out well.

My purchases (pictured right):

(1) My first Greek red wine! $13
(2) South African white, not my first, but I am no less excited. $12

Full on critiques to come soon on both bottles.


No comments:

Post a Comment